Barcelona Day 1- Middle of the Action



I am doing a great job with public transit. I've never used it before today and I navigated my way from the airport by bus lines and later used the metro (underground rail.) I got lost of course with all of my luggage simply walking the 3 blocks from the bus stop to the hotel because it was a huge plaza with 6 streets and several other bus lanes. I didn't panic, I just walked the correct distance up and back each avenue till I was on the right one.

The hotel is literally the middle of the action. It is like Beverly Hills, only more sophisticated. With lots of shopping and smells so good from perfume and things. Very metropolitan...
I changed 195 dollars for 115 euros. Then things cost about as many euros as they would dollars. Lunch
was 10.5 for tomato spinach feta with balsamic salad, cafe´, and one scoop ice cream. It was the smallest salad.


After I got to the hotel I took a nap for hours. Then showered, got dressed and went to montjuc to see the magic fountain which is a beautiful water fountain. It is huge and there are hundreds of smaller founts along the path. There were thousands of people there and they dance the water and put it to lights and music. It was quite like fourth of July.

The thing is I took the metro this time. That's the underground train and it all goes very fast so you have to know where you are going. I figured it out easily though. Tomorrow I am going to la boqueria...the open food market. Fresh ham and tomatos. Oh, and the milk was served warm. I drank it. It tasted better but I would have prefered it cold for refreshment. It was hot outside, but much hotter in the metro stations.



No comments:

Post a Comment