Barcelona 9.4.09- la Boqueria and Gothic Quarter

I slept, and slept and slept. When I did awake, I dressed comfortably then went to the department store, to purchase an electricity converter for my iPod. This was the largest department store I have ever seen or heard of. I was able to access my email from the Apple computers, there was 8 floors and everything from paint to evening dresses to bottled water. On the 6th floor I found what I was looking for. I was not able to purchase a prepaid phone card without my passport. I was, however, reminded of my mother in the middle of the store, on level 3. My mom and I ´wish´shop, I did that here for her. They had beautiful teas.





From here, I simply wandered, knowing that wherever I ended up I could metro back to Catalonia Plaza, thus never being lost. Happily, I ended up in the Gothic quarter, where I was sufficiently in awe of the architecture in contrast with the bustle and flow of modern technology and tourism. I plopped myself down to a kind couple, smiled and said hello (as I do nearly everyone I pass) and had a great conversation about Ireland, which reminded me of my dearest friend K. I simply wandered up and down the streets taking photos of entryways of peoples apartments and things. I took the metro to la Boqueria and it was amazing. There was the widest variety of foodstuff I have seen. I chose fresh fruit, including coconut, almonds, and olives. Also some cheese and salami on a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment